Wednesday, 26 April 2017

spell check. DPS article

My article particularly addresses all the points and my target audience wanted, whilst I've added modern / tradition knowledge to suit my codes and conventions. For instance, I kept  Badu's aims as a reflection of my magazines aims. Like combining the 'modern nu jazz, with the traditional boogie woogie piano'. The article uses very knowledgeable and experienced language, which suits my target market. As sophistication and passion Is closely linked to jazz, I wanted to express it through the language in order to provide the readers with quality content. It mentions legendary artists in jazz, which bring a sense of reminiscence and community as everyone in jazz will have influenced off them somehow/know their music. I used a written article, without a Q and A unlike most younger aimed magazines. This reflects what my target audience want, to really be involved with the music and the process. Rather than reading about circulating 'news', learning is the key point I wanted to get through. The readers will LEARN about how to modernise jazz, without destroying the foundations. This is what my target audience requested, and it has been suggested to me that jazz readers are serious and dedicated to the music itself. Therefore, I wanted to rule out any comic or mockery style jokes etc. I felt this would undermine the history of jazz, or my magazine in general, fundamentally making it very unpopular. I used sophisticated punctuation, and ruled out any by the book tactics to grab the readers attention- such as exclamation marks, ellipsis etc. The buyer and creator of jazz magazines work on parr, as if they are serving each other. Therefore, jazz magazines are assured to deliver, hence why traditional magazines like Jazztimes are still producing with popularity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment