Sunday, 23 April 2017
front cover final- similarities / differences
Finally, I have improved my front cover drastically to follow my aims and codes and conventions more. Firstly, the image itself is more of a closeup rather than a mid shot.I felt the first photo presented too much of the model rather than the equality of the instrument, I also felt the facial expression, and the eyes not directing the camera could be improved. Therefore, I modelled her by having the instrument to be aligned with her face, particularly so her face is at the central part of the instrument. This is physically showing how the artist is almost 'at one' with their instrument, the genre cant survive otherwise. The font has changed slightly, by using ''neau" as the secondary font I felt, as it was less bold, it ranked the importance of the text. This would be ok, however I wanted the ''Emilay Badu'' to be as equally important as the branding of the magazine. This is inferred that the artists and their talent make jazz, not the producers, mixers etc like other genres may rely on. I also felt the fonts weren't very coordinated, which made the magazine look less sophisticated and poor efforts went in. This is the exact opposite message I aimed to convey. The magazine is based upon knowledgable and communal efforts. Although I kept the background editing similar, to have the rugged looking edges, as if its been produced many years ago. I also used the same photographs for the background texture, as I enjoyed the look it created on the first magazine. However, noticably the colour has changed, still similarly in the vibrant and bold grouping. Also, the colours used, I had edited in photoshop to give a 'burnt out' look. Symbolising the ageing of jazz magazines. This theme stayed the same onto the 2nd magazine, as my aims weren't changing, it was the way in which I wanted to present them. I believe I have stayed true to my aims throughout, enhancing them along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment