Sunday, 23 April 2017

All 3 together - before final adjustments


 By showing all 3 pages together it will allow me to present the main similarities and differences. Ultimately, the main attribute striking the reader is the orange colouring on the front cover. I decided colouring was a massive foundation in jazz, orange connotes visually what I want to express in my magazine. Passion, vibrancy ,modesty. Particularly, I chose a more rustic orange in comparison to a much bolder / brighter orange. I felt this made the colour not too much for the eye to get distracted by, or take away what the magazine is about, the appreciation of the genre. I wanted to lead this colouring through, subtly, to maintain consistency of the brand, along with consistency of my message. Therefore, I used small boxes, sculpted into lines throughout as a way to subtly carry the colour. I felt these lines added a sense of modernity, as its very minimalistic. However arent too modern o distracting to take the attention off the main sections. These lines could also be trade marked to the brand, for the reader to recognise that this magazine is instantly 'Floetry'. However, my inspiration for them was taken from the 'main inspirations' mastheads. They include a singular line below the title. I felt by expanding them across the page, and adding a few extra, it was symboliclly extending and reinventing the history of jazz magazines as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment