Saturday, 8 April 2017
fonts
The fonts used for my magazine mastheads is bebas neu. I have used vey similar fonts throughout, to maintain consistency of brand, such as on my contents page. These fonts aren't too modern, and follow the codes and conventions of the magazines I analysed. They are fairly basic yet bold, in order to keep the focus on the article / images themselves. I didn't use modern fonts such as amethyst as I felt they were too distracting and made the magazine somewhat commercialised. They stay true to the roots of jazz magazines. The bolder fonts sybolise the most important elements. This is why the header ' floetry ' and 'Emilay Badu' on the front cover are the same font bebas neu and similar in size. Demonstrating, jazz magazine buyers buy it usually on the basis of the artist / main article itself,. and in jazz the artists build the foundation of the music not branding or materialism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment