![]() |
| before |
![]() |
| after |
My completed contents page is shown on the right. I made a few adjustments, recommended by my peers, to finalise everything. Firstly, I downloaded the font bebas neu, in order to keep the consistency, as all the other mastheads are in this font. I felt it maintained the sense of the magazine throughout. Its slightly more modern than the text on the left, however it is similar to my 'main inspirations' fonts, which is following my main codes and conventions aim. Additionally, I moved the text to be in line with the text next to it ( bottom right hand corner ). This made the page look more professionally done and more aesthetically pleasing.
The language used was inspired from my target audience research. Many wanted a magazine that included experienced articles, along with critics, influences etc. I followed exactly this, and added some of my own knowledge and researched knowledge to it, such as the genre, 'how avant grade was formed'. Also, I wrote a description under the most important articles, which was demonstrated in all my contents analysis, so I felt this needed to be included in order to follow the codes and conventions. Additionally, the text is positioned in a way to visually demonstrate the importance and demand of each article, which again 3/4 of my analysis showed this. By doing so, I feel its easier to distinguish what topic you'd like to read on, and as most of my target audience buy a magazine for whats inside, rather than the outside, which features little insight to whats on the inside pages. It helps find what most jazz readers collectively wanted to see. As the front page lacks descriptions of whats inside, if a reader wanted to get the gist of the magazine they can simply look at the contents to see the main articles very easily.


No comments:
Post a Comment