Sunday, 26 March 2017

debris brush

My own brush was created in photoshop, I felt it gave my magazine a unique edge, which followed traditions / codes and conventions simultaneously. Exactly what i'm aiming for. The idea behind the brush was to mimic the stains and debris in older photographs. These marks are not created by digital, modern cameras, which is why I used a brush. This therefore emphasises to the reader that the magazine is very set on not forgetting the past. I used this brush on 2/3 photos featured, to maintain consistency and the rustic look. 


I watched alot of youtube tutorials in order to do this. I made it using the ‘create brush’ tool. Then I used individual brushes to create the debris look, I maximised the brush to 200, so it fit the entire page, and then saved the brush to use on my photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment