double page spread photo

I used this photo out of the rest as it was incrediblyy striking and conveyed many inferred messages. Firstly, I positioned the model so her face wasn't directly looking at the camera, with only half shown. This was intended to show that jazz isn't about the commercialism but instead about the passion and genuine fun from playing. This is enphasies by her facial expression, smiling, to show enjoyment and pleasure out of what she is doing. Moreover, both of her hands are positioned on the instrument in order to highlight how the instrument is almost a part of the artist, a very fundamental part of the genre. The hair is also down to create a relaxed and free willed atmosphere, solely love for the genre. Through the analysis's I found the artists usually had a certain facial expression, which wasn't posed, or was take live. I felt a smile really conveyed purity and the natural/ traditional elements of jazz. I particularly wanted a coloured theme throughout, to maintain brand consistency. At the time I was unsure whether to use coloured or b n w photos. However, the aim of the chair, instrument and clothing was to all be matched. The colours used are simplistic and not necessarily modern, bold or striking. This was aimed to contrast the modern positioning of the model, with the clothing / look etc, with the traditional instrument and colouring. Enforcing the true aim of my magazine, to merge traditional and modern elements.
No comments:
Post a Comment