Thursday, 9 March 2017

feedback to rough cut

PEER REVIEW-

Front cover: 

The feedback I received mainly focused on creating a more defined look. This included, making the photo itself more ' old fashioned ', in order to recreate the traditional look and bring more of the historic jazz side to it. Additionally, I received that the photo was placed in the correct way to catch the eye instantly. Overall, I was collectively told my photo brings strong connotations of the rustic jazz look, due to the grayscale colouring, which is exactly what I'm aiming for. However, constructively I was told to enhance the photo further to make it look more aged. I am fond of this idea, perhaps by adding scratches etc, as it follows the codes and conventions of my research. Additionally, It was described as being similar to a 'poster'. To change this, I will add detentions to the image itself and the yellow background such as shadows in order to create a magazine look. To create this look, I will also add text such as insiders, a bar code, and a price etc. 

Contents: 


The main positive I received was the image itself, and the connotations it sent. I received that the image strongly gave off 'jazz'. Additionally, they liked how my image was placed, as a dominant image, as it is different to the rest of my magazine. However, although the image positioning was different, I still received that the contents page followed the consistency of brand I aimed for. On the other hand, the criticisms included that I need to structure the text more clearly-particularly taking more inspiration from the contents page analysis's. Additionally,



Double page spread:


Ultimately, the main positive feedback was for the image itself- receiving comments such as 'powerful' and 'striking'. I feel this is a massive achievement because it shows all types of readers will want to continue reading the article. Which infers my image is captivating enough to do so, as well as it following the codes and conventions by being black and white etc. However, i was told i need to have a balance between the image and text. As i only managed to write a few columns, following from inspiration from a few double page spread analysis's. I will change this by making the article have around 4 long columns, to fundamentally create a longer article, which will then feel worth the read / purchase of the magazine itself ( as this is the main article ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment