3) I asked my target audience what names they find most appealing for a jazz magazine. However, none of the names presented were massively popular and received negative feedback mainly. I used these names as they all scream 'jazz', which I believed would attract more non jazz readers. However, on further thought I realise I need to follow what the current jazz readers want, as they are the main marker. I particularly, listened to the comment above about 'people who read jazz magazines take jazz seriously'.
Thus, I decided to collectively respond and decided on 'floetry' - after more market research. Bringing connotations of sophistication and elegance. Which particularly one of my respondents deemed the name as 'cringy', and this is not the message I wanted to convey. Therefore I listened and responded. Ultimately, the choice of this name was because it brings a sense of sophistication and mimics what jazz music is like.

No comments:
Post a Comment